Can you believe this time last week I was a nervous wreck counting down the moments until the debut of my new Google+ Hangout on Air series “Sweet Han’: Caribbean Cooking With Sarina”? Now it’s all over and done with, the replay exists for all to view at their own leisure, and I’m hard at work on what will be Episode 2. Thanks so much to those of you who have sent supportive messages in the past few days. They mean the world…
With Christmas in the air and Hanukkah about to be in full swing I prepared a multi-cultural, multi-national menu.
• Baked Kingfish in Pineapple Sauce (on air)
• Cassava Latkes (on air)
• Eggless Coquito (on air)
• Lychees in Basil Syrup w/Vanilla Icecream (this wasn’t made on air but was enjoyed by my at-home guests)
Joining me on-air this time were:
• Aldric Bailey of A Brighter Vision Generally – a longtime supporter of TriniGourmet and now friend
• Daniella Preudhomme – my best friend of 20+ years (where does the time go?!)
• Eric Ticana S – a sushi master based in Paris. Watch his recent tutorial by clicking here (it’s in French but easy to follow )
• Randy Hunt – spending his time between Utah and the Bahamas Randy has become a much appreciated supporter over on my Google+ profile
Unfortunately Navid Lancaster, the scheduled musical guest experienced a power outage and was unable to connect as promised. Don’t worry though, he’ll be with me in the New Year!
Joining me at home were my pals Frederico and Stacey as well as Jason Bodden, TriniGourmet’s Online Community Manager.
iTunes Playlist: Reggae Hanukkah (link will open in iTunes)
Understandably there’s a lot of Matisyahu but the real gem (in my opinion) are the DeLeon tracks from their highly excellent 3rd album Tremor Fantasma. Check it out!
Visit the event page for more details/photos and watch the replay below!
@trinigourmet Loved the show tonight! Excited to try your recipe for the Cassava Latkes.