“Welcome to the second installment of my ‘Eat Ah Food’ series where I invite food bloggers and chefs to share their favourite Caribbean-inspired dishes with us! This week it’s my pleasure to welcome Jamaican-American food and wellness coach Shelley Chapman of Eat Relate Love into our hangout. She’ll be sharing her delicious Jerk Salmon Nachos, Mango Salsa and Avocado Cream Sauce. Yum!
Joining us on-air will be Francesco Emmanuel or ‘Cesco’ as he’s known on the local Trini music scene. A classically trained flamenco guitarist, he will be playing two original compositions from his catalogue.”
Shelley’s Menu: (available at ow.ly/i7FjK)
• Jerk Salmon Nachos (vegetarian/kosher variation available at the end of the Chicken Nachos recipe)
• Mango Salsa
• Avocado Cream Sauce
Wine Pairing Notes: I’m thinking a Reisling or Chenin Blanc would pair well with this menu, depending on the amount of the heat in the jerk seasoning. The spicier the fish higher the likelihood of the reisling pairing
Joining me on-air this time were:
• Chef Ikeena Reed – Ikeena has been a viewer of the show for some time now and it was wonderful to have her on!
• Cesco Emmanuel – This week’s musical guest you can learn more about his work at www.CescoEmmanuel.com
• Jason Bodden – TriniGourmet’s online Community Manager, he’s recently taking to some of the behind the scene ‘action shots’ you see on each episode’s recap as well as helping me source some of the amazing performers we’ve had so far
• Julia Senesac – Internet Marketing Consultant and queen of snapping screenshots!
• Nicholas Jagdeo – one of my best pals here in ol’ T&T
• Rony Perry – Rony was my musical guest on Episode 7 and has been a regular audience member since
• Shelley Chapman – our guest cook, check out more of her work, recipes and philosophy to food, eating and wellness at Eat Relate Love
Visit the event page for more details/photos and watch the replay below!
For past episodes of “Sweet Han: Caribbean Cooking with Sarina” visit ow.ly/g10m1