Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and whether you are single or attached I love any reason to make a fuss over oneself. This week I’m preparing a romantic meal that is no-fuss, no-hassle, and definitely Caribbean in flavour!
Joining us on-air will be my ‘long-time’ friend, Tobagonian-born pannist, Rony Perry. He’ll be playing us into Trinidad’s world-famous Carnival weekend from his Houston, TX home with two pieces that are sure to get you in the mood for sun, fun, and more!
I myself will be taking next week off for Carnival (hehehe), and will be back with Episode 8 of Sweet Han’ on February 21!
Wine Notes: For this menu I opened a bottle of Yellow Tail Pinot Grigio. I thought that the pear and apple notes would accent the roasted grapes and that the acidity would cut through the intensity of the white sauce _(due to the asiago)_. It worked beautifully! I read some reviews that mentioned a metallic aftertaste with this particular bottle. I did not experience this and think it may have been because of the creaminess of the dish that it was paired with. Definitely a combination I will use again!
Joining me on-air this time were:
• Cynthia K Seymour – Social Media Butterfly… SeymourResults.com – Grow Your Business Using Social Media
• Daniella Preudhomme – my best friend of 20+ years
• Jon the Chef – hiding out in the highlands of Scotland Chef Jon is a great supporter of the site.
• Randy Hunt – spending his time between Utah and the Bahamas Randy has become a much appreciated supporter over on my Google+ profile
• Tobagonian pannist Rony Perry was this week’s musical guest. Read my 5 Questions with him here!
Joining me at home were one of my best friends Simonne (home for her annual Carnival trek), her Scottish beau Jamie and Jason Bodden, TriniGourmet’s Online Community Manager.
For the Episode 7 after-dinner I was feeling for smooth, atmospheric and down-tempo. As a result there is a lot of acoustic flavour and instrumental tracks along with ‘new age’ and a splash of electronica. Enjoy acts like 10,000 Maniacs, Jesse Cook, Enya, IAMX and Trent Reznor Obtain the playlist by clicking here (will open in iTunes)
Visit the event page for more details/photos and watch the replay below!
For past episodes of “Sweet Han: Caribbean Cooking with Sarina” visit ow.ly/g10m1