Trini Christmas 
- In Trinidad, Christmas is Parang! (video & holiday recipe roundup) 
- Trinidad Pastelles (recipe) now with Delicious Vegan Option! 
- Punch de Creme (recipe)
- Sorrel Drink (recipe & video) 
- Carmen’s Jamaican Ginger Beer (recipe) 
- Trinidad Black Cake (recipe) 
- Trinidad Paime (recipe) 
- Jamaican Sorrel Rum Punch (recipe & video) 
- QUICK GINGER BEER Recipe at Epicurious.com 
- TRINIDAD EXPRESS FEATURE: Pass The Ponche! (includes recipe for Beetroot Punch de Creme) 
Punch de Creme, is another of Trinidad’s traditional Christmas drinks.
One thing that I really like about punch de creme (as opposed to traditional eggnog) is the use of citrus flavors like lime and Angostura bitters (which has orange extract). This gives the ‘nog’ a fruity lightness that alleviates the sweet creaminess (which could easily get cloying).
The method outlined below is true to form to how most Punch de Creme is made here. I’ve received some comments about heating the egg mixture vs. not. By all means follow the method that gives you the most peace of mind. I’ve never gotten sick and I’ve never met anyone whose gotten sick, or read about anyone getting sick, but again, everyone and everywhere is different 🙂 I’m not gonna lambaste either approach.
Ponche De Creme
3 cups evaporated milk
12 oz. sweetened condensed milk
1.5 cups rum (preferably white)
2 teaspoons Angostura bitters
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lime juice
1. Beat eggs with lime juice until light and fluffy
3. Sweeten to taste with condensed milk.
4. Add bitters, grated nutmeg, extract and rum according to taste.
6. serve with crushed ice.
Spelling Variations: Ponch de Crema, Punch a Creme, Ponche de Creme
This recipe is an exclusive TriniGourmet original. Please do not share it or post it to your site without crediting TriniGourmet.com . If you’re looking for a vegan version of this drink check out my ebook “Glam By Request: 30+ Easy Caribbean Recipes” 
This entry was originally published on December 14, 2006. It has been updated three times since then.