- TriniGourmet.com - http://www.trinigourmet.com -
Kelley’s Cooking Tips
Posted By Sarina On July 25, 2006 @ 2:43 pm In articles,desserts,techniques | Comments Disabled
• For easy peeling of hard boiled eggs, add a few drops of oil to some water. Crack the eggs and let stand in oil and water solution for a few minutes.
• When reheating a slice of pizza in a microwave, run the bottom of the crust under the faucet. The water will cause a small amount of steam in the microwave which will keep the crust from becoming hard and brittle.
• If your cake sticks to the pan and threatens to split, hold the pan over a low flame for about 5 to 8 seconds and the cake will come out nice and firm.
• To keep cookie dough from sticking to cookie cutters, chill the dough thoroughly before you roll it out. Dip each cookie cutter in oil before pressing into the dough and the cookies will cut cleanly. This treatment is wonderful when using cutters with intricate designs or cutters made of plastic. You can also spray the cutters with oil spray.
Have a cooking question? Kelley has your answer email@example.com 
Article printed from TriniGourmet.com: http://www.trinigourmet.com
URL to article: http://www.trinigourmet.com/index.php/kelleys-cooking-tips/
URLs in this post:
 firstname.lastname@example.org: mailto:email@example.com
 Tweet: https://twitter.com/share
 Sarina: http://www.trinigourmet.com/index.php/author/sarinanow/
 "Glam By Request: 30+ Easy Caribbean Recipes": http://www.GlamByRequest.com
All text and images copyright TriniGourmet.com unless stated otherwise