- TriniGourmet.com - http://www.trinigourmet.com -
Chocolate Rum-Raisin Cake
Posted By Sarina On June 5, 2006 @ 3:17 am In chocolate,dairy,desserts | Comments Disabled
This moist chocolate cake is overflowing with rum flavoring and raisins. It’s great coated with whipped cream or served hot with custard. That’s homemade pumpkin custard in the picture!
My recipe makes one 9 or 10 inch tube pan (14 servings).
1 cup water
1/4 cup rum
2/3 cup chopped raisins
3/4 cup butter
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 handful chocolate chips
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch Process)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 or 10 inch tube pan.
2. Boil water add rum and raisins. Melt butter and beat egg. Add to the raisin mixture.
3. Sift flour, baking soda, cocoa, and sugar together. Stir into raisin mixture. Add chocolate chips and stir until just combined. If batter is too thick add a little more water. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 to 50 minutes. Let cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a serving dish. Serve cake hot with custard or top cooled cake with whipped cream.
Article printed from TriniGourmet.com: http://www.trinigourmet.com
URL to article: http://www.trinigourmet.com/index.php/chocolate-rum-raisin-cake/
URLs in this post:
 Tweet: https://twitter.com/share
 Image: http://www.linkwithin.com/
 Sarina: http://www.trinigourmet.com/index.php/author/sarinanow/
 "Glam By Request: 30+ Easy Caribbean Recipes": http://www.GlamByRequest.com
All text and images copyright TriniGourmet.com unless stated otherwise